2.17.2010

It has to get better

You know that feeling you get when you think you're making progress, and then you find out that no, in fact, you're actually just digging a deep, deep hole that you may never get out of?

That's how I've been feeling for the majority of this week. I thought I was going to be able to start listing my finished product on Etsy this week, but no. No, I have to get working on my business license application for the city before I get nailed with a massive fine. I'm kind of okay with this because it gives me a bit more time to finish up my work, perhaps even throw together a few more things, and get properly organized. On the other hand, grrr... we're a one-income household right now and the sooner I put stuff out there to sell, *hopefully* the sooner I can bring in some extra money.

We're (Keith and I) are trying to see this little/somewhat big setback as a positive. Extra time means better product. Or, at least, I hope so.

On a much happier, organized note, I've been a fairly faithful and regular visitor to craftgawker for the last few months. I like ending my day on the computer with their daily updates, seeing if anything can inspire me to create. I especially love to see the photos people have submitted; as an amatuer photographer who is still learning how to use her camera, I like looking at photos that not only inspire me, but also make me happy, for lack of a better term. Maybe not happy in the traditional sense, but a kind of glowy. Yeah, that doesn't really make sense, but you get what I mean.

I'm going to try to take advantage of some of my newly found free time this week and try to set up some kind of easy-to-follow schedule for what I'm trying to do. I know with a 13.5 month old schedules are pretty risky, but I've got a pretty helpful partner in Keith and he wants me to succeed (and be happy) so maybe I will be able to set aside some time every week to filter through overflowing folders and scattered scraps of paper and fabric.

Or not. We'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak up